Friday, January 12, 2007


Divisional Playoff Orgy!

This weekend is the best weekend on the pro football calendar as far as I’m concerned, and your boy WCT heads into the divisional weekend with huge momentum building from the past two weeks of picks. Last week I was 3-1, and the only one I got wrong, was the Giants-Eagles game, when I inexplicably decided to pick along with Peter King. I won’t make that mistake again this week.

On to the picks!

Indianapolis at Baltimore (-4)

No one ever went broke betting against Peyton Manning and Tony Dungy in the playoffs, but this one is really tough. I see this game being very close, but I think that the Ravens can cover the number. The Colts did well stopping Larry Johnson last week, but what are the chances they do that two weeks in a row? Steve McNair is exactly the quarterback that the Ravens have needed to get over the hump since the immortal Trent Dilfer was released. Not only that, but the Ravens D’ looks as good as it has looked since they won it all in 2000. I think that Ray-Ray knows that he is over the hill and this is probably his last chance to get another ring. Take the Ravens and lay the points

(just to be safe lets double-check with
Peter, yep he picks Indy to beat the number. I’m taking the Ravens)

Philadelphia at New Orleans (-5.5)

Ok, last week I stuck with my late-season strategy and took the Eagles -7 and it cost me a perfect wild-card week. Not only that, but the Saints are my NFC super bowl pick, and I think the Jeff Garcia bubble is about to burst. The NFL screwed Philly by making them play a playoff game on a Saturday after winning on a Sunday. And not only are they playing after a short week, but they are playing a team that has been off for 13 days. The Saints have played very well at home this year, and after the home playoff drought that those fans have suffered through, the dome is going to be nuts on Saturday night. Take the Saints

Seattle at Chicago (-9)

Easiest one on the board by far. Take the Sexy Rexy and the Bears. Done

New England at San Diego (-4.5)

Anytime you can get the Patriots getting points against a (basically) rookie quarterback, and the second-worst playoff coach of all time, you take those points my friend. I think that the Super-Chargers might pull off the win, but it will be close.

No comments: