Friday, January 05, 2007




Wild Card Orgy!

If you haven't noticed (and you probably haven't) I am on FIRE with my NFL picks. This is in stark contrast to my crapping the bed in my college bowl picks on awful announcing!, but that's another story for another day.


Without further Apu (zing!) here are my NFL Wild Card weekend picks. Lets keep the momentum going!

Kansas City at Indianapolis (-7)

First of all, let me say that these are definitely tough picks. I could see any of these eight teams winning this weekend. The Colts didn't lose at home all season, but I can't see them completely stopping Larry Johnson. When I come to a dillemma like this, I usually just see who Peter King picks, and go the other way. Petey has the Chiefs beating the spread, so I'll take the Colts and lay the touchdown.

Dallas at Seattle (-2.5)

This one looks pretty easy. The Cowboys come into this game on a slide, but so do the 'hawks. And Seattle played a soft schedule, in a weak division, and hasn't really beaten a legitamate opponent in weeks. Hell, they lost to the niners on a Thursday night with the division title on the line. Hasselbeck and Alexander have both missed time this year, and they have yet to get into rhythm this year. Take the 'boys and the points.

New York Jets at New England (-8.5)

Mangini vs. Belichek. I call it Stoic Bowl III. I can't stand the sight of the Patriots, so I really don't want to bet my reputation on them to cover. I really think they are going to beat the Jets, and I really think they are going to win comfortably, I just can't bring myself to lay that many points. The Pats rarely blow teams out, so I will reluctantly take the Jets and the points.


New York Giants at Philadelphia (-6.5)

This one seems like Eagles all the way. Petey-Pete has Philly covering, so I am really skittish, but I have been riding two things down the stretch this season: Betting for the Eagles, and betting against the Giants. Therefore this would be a double-whammy. Take the Eagles and lay the points. The Giants have been a train-wreck since week 8, and the party ends here.

No comments: