So its the Buckeyes and the Gators in a rematch of the BCS title game in January. A few quick thoughts:
- We have a bad feeling about this game. The Florida team is too talented, too experienced, and too deep. We really hope that we are wrong, but we think the Gators are going to win comfortably. However, the Buckeyes were a big favorite in the football game on January 8th and we all saw how that turned out.
- The Florida junior class of Taurean Green, Al Horford, Corey Brewer, and Joakim Noah has to be considered one of the best recruiting classes in college basketball history. Ahead of the Fab Five from Michigan. Remember, the Fab Five went to two championship games, just as the UF juniors now have, but the Michigan class never won.
- Georgetown has no seniors in their starting five, so if they all come back, they should be the favorites to win it all next year. That being said, we were surprised at how easily they were beaten by the Buckeyes last night.
- Billy Donovan should stay at Florida. Why would he want to deal with the scrutiny of coaching at Kentucky when he is already coaching at a school that is in a better position to compete for national championships. He has built something at Florida. He should get Florida to match the offer he get from UK and stay in Gainesville.
- It is really funny how expectations vary. If Ohio State loses on Monday night this basketball season would still be considered a huge success. When the Buckeyes lost the BCS championship game in January, the football season was considered good, but it sort of left a bad taste in the fans' mouths.