Now, on to our LWIB notes!
- Speaking of the Yankees, we have no idea why Joe Torre has to go through this every year. Four world series championships, six AL pennants, ten division titles, yet he is managing for his job after a slow April.
- It is really, really sad that we've lost another Cardinals pitcher. There are still guys on this team that have not gotten over the passing of Daryl Kile, and now they lose Josh Hancock in a tragic accident.
- Ian Kinsler refuses to go away.
- Now that Bartolo Colon and Jared Weaver have returned, and Chone Figgens is on his way back, we expect the Angels to take off and finally be the team to beat in the AL.
- Nice to see Julian Tavarez pick up a win for the Red Sox yesterday. We were ready to talk about how much sending him out there every fifth day is killing this team.
- Speaking of the Red Sox, so far Hideki Okajima has been a lot more impressive than Daisuke Matsuzaka. A LOT. We think the Sox have found their 8th inning set up man.
* * * * *
Its our blog dammit, so we are going to talk about our team every week - This is really scary. The Browns had the best draft of any NFL team, and the Indians are in first place in the best division in the sport. We sincerly expect to be struck by lightning.
* * * * *
How ‘bout tha... er, I mean, I'll be goddamned! - Sunday at Jacobs Field, Fausto Carmona, in what will likely be his last start since Cliff Lee makes his return this week, pitched 8 1/3 innings, giving up six hits and only a 9th inning solo home run. Fausto Freaking Carmona?